ILOILO CITY – 14 ka mga senior citizens sa syudad ang ginhatagan pasidungog sang Iloilo City Government bangod sa ila signipikante nga kontribusyon sa ila komunidad.
Ini ang ginpangunahan sang Office of the Senior Citizens Affairs sa bulig man sang opisina ni Councilor Love-love Baronda.
Lakip sa mga ginpasidunggan sanday:
• Rafael C. Arancillo for agriculture as chief of Iloilo City Urban Poor Affairs Office and agriculturist at City Agriculture Office;
• Nelly F. Daymon for primary education, taught in La Paz II Elementary School for 37 years;
• Rodolfo V. Ocate for science and technology is currently teaching in the College of Engineering at Central Philippine University;
• Delfin L. Punzalan for public service is a Senior Citizen Tour Guide at City Tourism Development Office;
• Romeo O. Apsay for culture and arts used to be an international singer and performer;
• Ricardo Lachica for business is the founder of Senior Citizen Consumer Cooperative at M.H. del Pilar Jaro;
• Carlito L. Jusa for non-government or civic organization is chairman of Iloilo City Cooperative Development Council;
• Rodrigo J. Hoderial for science and technology is a retired provincial agrarian reform officer;
• Betty D. Rile for academe has been teaching for 42 years and currently a professor at West Visayas State University;
• Asuncion Lauresta-Faro for philanthropic work has scroll of honor and diploma of service as Red Cross volunteer;
• Marietta V. Orleans for public service served as Liga ng mga Barangay president for 13 years;
• Nelida S. Medina for legal service is a retired judge of Municipal Trial Court of Iloilo City;
• Violeta M. Gil for public service served as teacher in La Paz I Elementary School for more than 40 years; and
• Angelita Santosildes for community service was elected as secretary of Federation of Senior Citizens Association of the Philippines- Jaro district for six consecutive years.
via Iloilo City Government